Tuesday, October 11

Journal 2: Join an Affinity Group and Share your Digg Stream

My Digg stream consists of Film School Rejects, Creative Applications and Hollywood Report (among others). My journey in pursuing an occupation in the film industry has met many challenges but being able to see the reviews and feedback of the industry experts is very beneficial. Another Dig stream I follow is Hover States. This stream allows me to explore the new advances in "alternative digital design". Digg Streams are beneficial for my growth but another outlet are affinity groups. Although I am apart of many affinity groups on Facebook, one that pertains to my specific career interests is Black Filmmakers. This community allows me to share and connect with individuals of color also interested in film/entertainment industry in some way.

Why did you join the Black Filmmakers affinity group? Why not a general Film Group?
I Joined the Black Filmmakers Facebook group because, unfortunately, there are few people of color in high positions within the film and media industry. I long to see others that are going through similar struggles in the industry as I do. This encourages me to continue and to ask for guidance if ever needed.

How do you plan to use Digg when you are out of the program?
I plan to stay updated on the media programs that I use, whether it is Adobe, web design platforms or others. I want to stay tech savvy and stay on top of my craft (or even ahead of my craft). To do this I must read a lot and STAY CONNECTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment